Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Our Little Ski Bum

What can I say, I am living vicariously through Shantel. What a busy girl she is with dance, soccer and now skiing. But she loves it all. Gary took some time off work and took Shantel out one day to pick out skis, a helmet and the works, so Tuesday the 18th we decided to take her up for her first lesson. The drive up she expressed a little concern that the hills would be too big for her to go down. I explained the "bunny hill" and it is ok to fall ALOT the first time and we were just going to have some fun. This eased her mind a little ( i think).

Shantel and Gary posing with her new gear.

If you look close, I am the pink dot in the middle of the picture. I am only about 45 minutes into my lesson, but I can go down the hill without falling (too much).


We are so proud of her, she picked up on skiing right away. By the end of the lesson (2 hrs) she would go down the beginner hill and stop without falling, even would turn a little. She didn't want to leave so Gary took her up one more time to see what she was made of. Boy was he impressed, he came down and reported what a great little skier she was. We can't wait to get her up for another lesson. Her only request was to go up a full day and have lunch! Who knows, maybe I will get some skis on and enjoy the mountain!

3 comments:

Jer + Lu said...

I am so impressed!! I think the key is starting early--even if they seem way to stinkin little! Way to go, you've got a star on your hands (as if you didn't already know...)

The Lymans said...

How cute is she in her ski gear!?! That's great that she loved it. I see the olympics in her future.

Brett & Honnelore said...

Kristine! So good to hear from you. I love this blogging thing. I thought I would probably never hear from some of you IMED girls again. This is great. You have a very cute family. I love reading about what your kids are up to. I hope we can keep in touch. Say hello to everybody at work for me.