Saturday, May 10, 2008

Are you serious?? Funny Nursing story

Ok I just have to share this funny story from work.
As most of you know I work as a nurse in a mother/Baby unit (well most of you work with me some how), anyway, I was working my usual night shift and got a new patient from Labor and Delivery. Her epidural was working unusually well and the lady could not even wiggle her toes when she came up to me.

Since she couldn't move I kept her IV in and placed a catheter to help her out a little. Well the end of shift came and I was giving report to the oncoming RN. I explained that she was still numb and could now wiggle her feet only but that's it (5 hours later!) and I told her all the things I did for her because she couldn't get out of bed.

After I had finished my shpeal she (the RN) asks. "So has she been out of bed yet?"
No joke, she seriously asked if this poor lady who couldn't even roll over in bed had gotten up yet. Was she not listening to a thing I said!?!?!

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

LOL! That is so funny. I miss all the good stories from work.

Downs Family said...

Just one question Cottonwood or LDS?

The Lilly's said...

I can think of a few people that reminds me of. But I won't mention any names...

The Emery Family said...

that sounds like a few people I could think of

The Lymans said...

I'm curious as to who that was. Sad to say, but that sounds like something I would do.

Jer + Lu said...

That's disturbing. Fess up-- who??