Monday, September 8, 2008

First Days

My Kindergartener! I can't believe I am sending Shantel to Kindergarten. How time has flown. She was excited and nervous at the same time. She loves school but was afraid of making new friends. I assured her that all the other kids felt the same way. Walking to school on that first day she was scared, but as soon as she saw her teacher she ran for the line and went inside. It was great to see her go. I felt like the only mom not crying. Looking around at all the families wishing their kids off in tears, I laughed and thought yeah! This will be a great year for her.

My Baby girl started Preschool last week with Miss Chris. I think it will be good for her to get out of the house and meet new kids. I also think following directions and learning to listen will be wonderful. She was excited to go although I am not sure she really understood what school was. We bought her a new backpack to celebrate the occasion and she wants to take it everywhere.
Her first day went great. She ran right to the door and barely said good bye. I asked Miss Chris how she did and "OKAY" was the response. She'll learn and get the hang of it!

4 comments:

The Lymans said...

Wow! I can't believe they're old enough to go to school already. They are both so very cute! I look forward to and dread sending David off to school. I'll probably be one of those crying moms.

The Lilly's said...

Wow, lots of big changes in the Waldron house! Is Keegan going to love his alone time with mom while the girls are gone?!

Brittany said...

How the heck are ya? I miss you!Look how adorable your kids are and your puppy is precious!

Brett & Honnelore said...

In the words of Beverly Pierce, praise the Lord for school! Great pictures!