Friday, September 26, 2008

Watch Out Olympics here come the Waldron Girls!

We started the girls in Gymnastics this year. After the fun we had watching the Olympics earlier this year, Shantel informed me that she was NOT going to take dance this year and was going to do Gymnastics.

I searched High and Low for a place to put both girls in (that would work with my schedule) and finally The Little Gym was the place.

We started class this week and the girls did great. They are in separate classes, which is great, so they can meet new people their own ages.


Here is Kallie playing with the parachutes. Kallie jumping off the bounce mat! (Mid-air)

Kallie was great! She followed directions and stayed with the class (which impressed both me and the teachers). She was fearless on the balance beams and walked across them like they were nothing. The instructors asked if she had done any gymnastics before because she was so good..or is the right word fearless?




Shantel waiting to flip over the mats. Shantel's turn with the parachutes!

I think the year in dance was helpful. I don't want to brag, (ok I guess I do, isn't that what a blog is for?) but Shantel was AWESOME. her technique was great and she was also fearless. Walking backwards on the balance beams, jumping on the spring board...she is a natural.
The instructor came up to me and told me how great Shantel was..I thought her we go they tell all the mothers this, but then she added that Shantel may be ready for the advanced class for her age group. WOW! So we will see what the next few weeks bring and see if she really can move up.

7 comments:

Downs Family said...

Thats great they are liking it so much! Can I ask how expensive it is? I need to find something for Addsters.

The Lilly's said...

Look out Shawn Johnson, here comes Shantel Waldron! That's really exciting that she seems to be such a natural. That looks like a really fun gym for kids.

Brett & Honnelore said...

Looks like fun. It's always fun watching your kids do new things. It's amazing how brave they be.

Jackie said...

I have to say, I love this blogging stuff. It is a great way to keep up with people that have played an important role in our lives. I miss my visits with you and my wheelchair rides. :> Your kiddos are goregous.

Shauna said...

Your girls are so cute!!!! I wish I could have met them. Maybe someday you will allow me to! :) I finally started my own blog, as promised. I'm adding you as my friend so I hope that's okay.... http://shaunaswrld.blogspot.com. How's work and everything? I sure miss you guys! But I like it here!

The Buckley's said...

Looks like fun! Watch out 2020 Olympics! Shantel looks like she has the poses and everything! Too cute!

Jer + Lu said...

Awesome. So fun to watch! Hope they keep it up!