Monday, June 1, 2009

Field Trips

Field Trips are the best part of school. I was lucky enough to be able to help out in each of the girls classes this year. We had a lot of fun and I think the girls thought it was cool that mom got to go. (at least they think it is cool now.)

Kallie's class was doing a unit on safety. During the fire safety week, we got to go to the fire station down the street from our house. What a neat experience. Their kitchen is beautiful and nicer than my own... but then again they probably actually cook in theirs! The kids thought the fire truck was the best part. I have to admit, they are pretty cool. It is amazing all the gadgets and thing-a-ma-jigs on the truck. The fire fighters were great with the wild kids, it is wonderful how patient they were.

Here is a picture of the kids and the cool fire truck.


Shantel's class had a trip to the Thanksgiving Point's farm a while back. We saw all the baby animals and learned about them.
Shantel's class
A very friendly cow.

What is this?? Should I be worried that they are holding hands already? This little boy is Tyler and apparently Shantel has a little crush on him. She used the "hold my hand so we stay together" line; and then never let go. I don't know where she learns such things.

Sigh... she better knock that off for another 20 years!

3 comments:

The Lilly's said...

Did her daddy see this picture?! Look out, you're gonna be in for it when she's a teenager!

The Woodlands said...

Sorry, but that has got to be one of the sweetest things. They're holding hands! Awww! But I agree, there may be trouble in the teenage future. I have to say that Shantel may be a smooth operator.

Jer + Lu said...

Ooh lala! A girl that takes after her mom! Now you know EXACTLY what you're in for!!