Friday, September 4, 2009

All Girls Soccer

We decided to try soccer again this year with Shantel. Cousin Ella asked if we wanted to join the team. After our last experience with it and Shantel NOT being impressed, I thought I would ask her if she wanted to play again leaving out the fact that Ella was going to play. (I didn't want to sway her decision). She shrugged her shoulders and told me "sure, I'll give it a try again". What a mature response, I can't believe how old she is getting.
Shantel ready to play. She is on the yellow team as you can see and Gary couldn't be happier that her colors are black and yellow!
A few action shots from her first game. After the game she told me she loves it, esp. being an all girls league! Shantel is a natural athlete. She dribbled (is that the right term in soccer?) the ball all the way up the field and then another girl scored a point for the team. Shantel thought that was the coolest ever!
Kallie also informed me that she wants to play soccer, but all the pre-K teams were full...next year.

If you want to check out a game, they play Saturday mornings
Flat Iron Park located 1700 East 8600 south.
Sep 12 10:15
Sep 19 9:00
Sep 26 10:15
Oct 3 9:00
Oct 10 10:00
Oct 17 9:00
Bring a blanket or some chairs and snacks and enjoy a great soccer game!

2 comments:

The Lymans said...

I'll have to come and cheer her on one of these days. Maybe get David interested in the game. She looks very cute in her uniform.

Jer + Lu said...

Hopefully she'll stick with it. This year has been really fun to watch Wyatt. His team actually seems to know what they're doing, + having a goalie sure heightens the action!