Wednesday, March 24, 2010

These are a few of our favorite things!

Not a lot has been going on while the weather is transitioning and we are up to the same old stuff. I thought I would do a post on some of our favorite thing we enjoy on a day to day basis!



Anyone who knows us, knows that hockey is big in the family. Gary plays on a couple different teams along with my dad and little brother...like I said it is in the family! We have the cutest little dude equipment for Keeg...he just needs to grow into it a little better. Now on to teaching him how to skate.
Another favorite of ours...well more mine and Shantel, is the Junie B. Jones books. We started reading them together over the summer and now she is off reading them to me. These are laugh out loud books, that I think I enjoy more than she does. They are great because Shantel really can relate to the characters.
The band Train!
I have been a fan for years and recently made Gary come to a concert of theirs not too long ago. I think I may have converted him (just a little) Well their new CD is wonderful and the kids LOVE their new hit Hay Soul Sister. Keegan and Kallie will sing word for word..over and over and over again. Sometime Keegan will just start singing the song out of nowhere!

The girls have been doing gymnastics at the little gym for over a year now. Ever since the summer Olympics Shantel has wanted to do gymnastics. We got her into it and she has excelled. In just a year she has made her way to the advanced class. Don't get me wrong she is not doing flips and crazy stuff like that, but this class is working on those skills on a more personal level with a smaller class size. Kallie on the other hand is in the dance and gymnastic combo class. She loves the tap/ballet portion of the class. She is such a little natural dancer.


So lately Kallie and Keegan have been watching Coraline. NONSTOP. The pretend to go through the little door and always ask me to pretend I am the "other" mother. They also get into the craft kits and find buttons for their button eyes. I have to admit, it is an odd little movie, but it does get the kids imaginations going.



The Biggest Loser is a family favorite. I mean what 7 year old asks to watch it? Shantel looks forward to our Biggest Loser TV time. Every week I am good for a cry with the show. It is so inspiring to watch. Although the last few seasons, I find myself not liking the cast as much and there is always that one person I hate. We have bought the cook book and have made a few healthy meals, which haven't been that bad! Now if only we could make it a daily habit!

2 comments:

Jer + Lu said...

What a fun post! It's great to hear about what keeps you going from day to day :)

Silvia said...

That's awesome Kristine! I've never heard of Coraline before, I'll definitely have to check that out!