Thursday, March 10, 2011

Introducing.....

Finnegan James
Born
March 5, 2011 at 12:11pm
6lbs 15 oz
20 inches

It is hard to believe that after 9 hard months he is finally here.  This pregnancy has been the hardest by far.  Sick for over 20 weeks, diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes, contracting from 32 weeks and a baby sitting so low for weeks it hurt to walk...but yet I survived and he was born healthy and happy at 37.5 weeks.

Here is his first photo!
And My.... how I grew!
And his BIG brother loving him from the start.

Everyone knows I switch doctors with this pregnancy to have my favorite doctor, Dr. Ponder, deliver me. Not to mention I wanted to share this joy with all my friends at work.  Well, at about my 34 week appointment she informed me that she would be out of town the week before my due date.  WHAT!!! I can't believe I would switch docs to have her deliver me, just to find that she wont even be here.  I can say I was more than a little disappointed!  We were hoping for a St. Patty's Day induction.  We decided to schedule it anyway and have one of her partners deliver us :(
With all the contracting I was doing early on I was certain I wouldn't make it that far anyway...I needed to have this baby before she left.

Well I hit my 37 week mark and was feeling pretty confident that the next week was the week.  I worked my 3 shifts that week and oh yes, the dreaded On-Call shift that Thursday night.  When I got off shift that morning I was contracting every 5 minutes (and not the most comfortable). I went to my appointment  after work and was assured I would NOT make it to my induction date...YEAH!!!
I went home still contracting took a nap and woke up a few hours later still contracting.  I thought this is it.  Boy was I wrong.  A few hours later it all stopped in time for a good nights sleep.

7:35 am Saturday morning I woke up to the the strongest contraction ever.  Then again less than 5 minutes. Within an hour, I knew it was time.  We took the kids over to Gary's parents and headed to the hospital.  We checked in around 9 am...and the rest is history!

Here I am...Active labor trying to get my stubborn boy to flip around to face the right way!  And if you are asking No, I had no epidural..so I was free to move around!
3 long hellish hours later we welcomed baby Finn to our family!

Love at first sight!

Boy isn't he the cutest!

The proudest big sisters!
Keegan took a little convincing.  He was excited to hear we were having the baby.  When he came to the hospital the excitement was over.  I am pretty sure he was expecting a little boy his size to play with.  But rest assured, he loves him now :)


Going home.  Isn't the shirt perfect. I keep hearing how much he looks like Gary.

And occasionally he has his eyes open.  It just happens when all the visitors are gone!


My 3 BOYS!!!


This is MY family.  I love them all.

6 comments:

Yanira said...

Very Cute!! Miss Ya!!

The Burrows Family said...

Oh My!! He is CUTE!! Congratulations and Bravo to you for no epidural!! You have such the perfect little family!

Shauna said...

Congratualations! He is so cute! I love the pic of him with his eyes open. He just looks so peaceful. You just have the most beautiful family!

natalie johnson said...

He is soooo cute! Love all the hair. Dr. Ponder is the best, I would never want anyone else.

Rachelle said...

He is so cute!!! Congratulations!!

The Lymans said...

What a handsome little guy! Congrats!