Wednesday, March 30, 2011

St. Patty's!

Happy St. Patty's Day!  We had originally wanted our newest little leprechaun to join our family today..we scheduled our induction for today (YES, even though our doctor would be out of town). Well the little guy had a different idea. So instead of being at the hospital, I got to attempt being a crafty mom.

I wanted to make the day fun for the kids and have a Green day.  I started with Green french toast.  I know the picture doesn't really show how green they were.  I originally wanted to cut them into shamrock shapes, but couldn't find a cutter :(  As a matter of fact, I could find anything that was St. Patrick's Day.  I traveled to 4 different stores one day and 3 another, but found nothing....not one shirt, necklace, decoration, NOTHING.  I guess that is what I get for shopping the week of.
 

 So Gary went to the grocery store and found a few necklaces and hair accessories (finally) luckily we bought Finn a shirt months ago!  So here is a cute picture of my kiddos sporting their Green.

And you can't forget the new little guy. Had to take a picture of him since he actually had a themed shirt on.
And what a McCutie he is!!
We ended the day making green cupcakes and frosting!  What a delicious day.  We bought some corned beef for dinner, but since Gary had hockey, we celebrated the real food part on Saturday.  It was my first time eating corned beef, and it was pretty good!

No comments: