Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy Happy Birthday (Party)

Well our BIG Birthday Bash turned out to be a very small intimate gathering. I wanted to have a fun outdoor party and have kids come over and play, but things didn't turn out so well. That is one draw back to a summer birthday...people think they can go out of town...whatever!

Kallie didn't mind much, she got presents and cake!

Well, my girl is into Mickey Mouse! Everything is Mickey and Goopy (aka Goofy). So we had a great Mickey bash. I even pulled out my crafty hat and made a Micky Mouse cake.


I am still new to the cake making craft and coloring the frosting. I wanted black for the ears, well no matter how much of the icing dye I added it was still a purple color, so I ended up adding the whole little jar (oops). It still had a purple hue, but I figured that would have to work. The cake looked great. And Kallie was excited about it.

HOWEVER...



It turned your mouth completely black when you ate it! Very fun to see adults with black mouths!

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Great job on the cake!! I'm impressed.

The Lymans said...

Great job, Kristine. We need to get you on with the Ace of Cakes crew. I love the black mouths! When are we doing a play date?

The Lilly's said...

I'm so impressed with that cake! You did an awesome job. Looks like a fun party!

Melissa said...

Yay! I am so glad to find your blog! Now I know how really cute your kids are! You are the best!

Melissa

Brett & Honnelore said...

Great cake! I love the black mouths. Looks like a great party.