Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Be Mine!

Happy Valentines Day!!


This year we had some fun. We decorated heart shaped cookies, I am surprised we even got any pictures before they were eaten.
Kallie is in preschool and got to pass out valentines to her class. The decorated a big envelope in class, so we didn't have to worry about a box this year.
Shantel on the other hand, had to make her very first valentine box. Being the somewhat crafty person I am, I wanted to make a GOOD one. She didn't really understand what we were doing, so I googled valentine boxes to giver her a little ides of what to expect. I asked her what she wanted to make and at first she said flowers, until we came to a picture of a castle, then it was all over. A castle it was. I think I had more fun than she did making it. It brought back lots of memories of being a kids and trying to make the best box in class. ( I wasn't nearly as creative then, as I am now)

Here is the end result, not to shabby, if I don't say so myself. I also got the chance to help out in Shantel's class which was a lot of fun. I got to see her in action with her friends ( and see who her friends are). They played games, made a lovebug and frosted cookies. What a great time.
As for the actual day, I had to work that night (BOO :( ), so Gary and I went out for lunch (alone) and a little shopping. Not too exciting, but I guess that's what happens when you are old and married.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I can only hope that my kids will be as cute as yours!
I would love if you were my nurse after delivery, but I don't think we'll be at IHC, we have altius insurance.......too bad! You can come be my nurse when I get home though!!...ha ha free of charge..

Shauna said...

Your kids are so flipping cute!! I love the picture of Shantel with her box, it's as if she's holding a baby or something! She looks so thrilled!