Wednesday, April 8, 2009

All Grown Up!

Notice Anything Different?
After much begging from Shantel we finally decided to get her ears pierced. She has been begging for a while; and after the explanation of how ear are actually pierced she usually changer her mind; but not today. Gary and I had explained once again that it WILL hurt and you have to clean them and take good care of them. She insisted, so on a cold Sunday morning we packed up and headed to the mall.
Not sure where to begin, I thought of Clairs. It was the only place I knew for sure that did ear piercing..besides the Piercing Pagoda in the middle of the mall and all so see.
After looking at all the earring options she decided on the pink "diamond" studs. She loves pink and wanted diamonds like me. (oh that was cute!)
She climbed up on the big chair and the lady drew blue dots where the earring would forever stay. Shantel grabbed my hand and held tight. SNAP! The first one is in! Shantel didn't flinch, she was so still. I was so proud and held back my mommy tears.
Then the lady asked if she was ready for the next.
SNAP!
My big girls ears were pierced with pink diamonds and she didn't cry or even tear up.
When we got home she ran to the mirror and wouldn't stop looking at her self. She said they made her look "Even more beautiful." She told me that she wanted to cry but she wanted to be so brave that she didn't cry. That's my girl!
I can't believe how big she is getting. What's next...boys and driving? NO! I will take summer then 1st grade.



1 comment:

Jer + Lu said...

I'm impressed she did so well! I was 6 when I got mine done too. Oh, the memories. and Oh, to have a girl....