Monday, May 16, 2011

Moab

My Uncle Pat, Aunt Rachelle and cute cousin Maggie were in town, from Michigan, for a few days. While they were here they wanted to SEE Utah.  A trip to Moab was in order.  What a better place to see the beauty, right next door to Canyonlands and Arches.  It was only a quick over night trip so our journey was jam packed. We packed up and headed down with my mom and brothers, aunt Lori.
I decided to go spur of the moment (the night before), and unfortunately Gary had to work and the girls had school so it was an over nighter just me and my boys. I know call me crazy for taking the 2 youngest, or mean for not taking the girls, but I figure it was such a quick trip.  Besides I want to do the real exploring with my family. 
Warning:  For those of you who have been here before, you know these pictures, just do not do this place juctice


.
    

    

A view just right of  Mesa Arch. You can't even imagine the 2,000 foot drop.

I started backwards with the pictures.  Canyonlands was the last place on our stop.  We didn't do a lot of hiking it was mostly driving to the scenic overlooks since our time was limited and having 3 small children.

Dead Horse Point
wow what a name huh?  Despite the horrific name, this place is amazingly beautiful. Legend has it that this very point I am standing on was once a corral for wild horses.  It is said that cowboys corralled certain horses here and left them to die.  2000 feet above the Colorado River.




Of course I have to show Keegan and his new cousin Maggie. 
He fell in love with this little girl and was showing her how to play DS.

hours of driving with 2 little boys.
We made it!

The most famous Arch.  Delicate Arch...No we did not hike this close, but from a mile away my zoom lense takes a pretty good picture!
Me and my boys.

Grammy and my Little Brothers

I have to say thank you to my brothers for hanging out with Keegan.  Helping him climb on rocks and go hinking with the big boys.  He sure felt like one of the guys.  But this kids has no fear, he was climbing on rocks higher than I could.

Don't you just love the peaceful nothingness in the background?
 

 
Windows Arch.  This was the very first hike/arch we saw.  When you ask Keegan what arches we saw, this is the Arch he remembers.  It was a nice little hike after such a long drive. 

This trip was absolutely amazing and I am so glad I got to share the beauty with my family from out of town, who may have never seen this place.  I can't wait to bring Gary and the girls to explore the real beauty. It is a shame I have only been here, now twice, and I am 30 and it is virtually my backyard.  Shame Shame.





1 comment:

Jer + Lu said...

So glad you got away on an awesome adventure!